Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
J. Salmon
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much fumbling with the brakes, I finally got the motor in. Would have put the tranny in too, but opened the box to find it wasn't a midshift. Maybe I should have checked it out when it came in last November! That's my neighbor Ron, who made it all possible...

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Great looking engine! Only comment I would make, is your jackstands look a little close together - seems like it might topple over easy. Just my $0.0000002

Howard

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
OT Moderator
13,935 Posts
Looks great, I was thinking the same exact thing on those jackstands as well.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
What kind of alternator bracket is that?

·
J. Salmon
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The jackstands were only that close to clear the legs on the lift, and then were moved back out. It was actually very stable, though it does look bad in the photo.

NAGA... Didn't ask or think about the headers intil now. Didn't want to risk buggerin' them up. If we have to pull it back out, it won't be that big a deal. We had the bellhousing supported with a jack, and now it is propped on some wood blocks. We are running cats, but I will also admit I am unsure of fitment issues with the oil filter. I'll have to check into it... I tend to learn by screwing things up first.

DFRESH, the engine was built by The Engine Factor in NJ. Check with them: www.fordcobraengines.com

Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts