Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock motor mounts and would like to lower the engine a little for a better fit at the sidepipe opening. I have 4 into 4 headers. Do the convertable mounts lower the engine a little, say 1/2 to 3/4"? I don't really want to shell out for the poly mounts right now. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin. I'm just trying to limit how much I need to trim my body. I was at about 1" and that seemed like alot. I know you can't see both sides at once but it's just one of those "I know" kind of things that I lose sleep over.

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
If I buy the poly mounts, do they sell different ones for the vert and hatch? I want my motor so sit lower, or does the height difference only apply to stock mounts?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think this applies to the poly mounts. You can do a search on poly mounts and get alot of info. Are you really running a 150 shot? I have a nitrous kit that I got a deal on but I have not decided if I want to use it. What's it like. (To hijack my own thread?). Back OT, are the convertable mounts worth the effort to change from stock or should I just trim it and live with it?

[ January 02, 2007, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Doug S ]

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
I would be surprised if changing motor mounts solves your problem. I have the engergy suspension poly mounts and my driver side pipe is high and angles away from the car. If both sides are high, you could elongate the holes where the mount bolts to the engine so that the mount moves toward the center of the car. This will allow the mount to drop lower in the frame.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When I changed from stock mounts to poly mounts, the engine (and pipes) moved down at least a half inch.
HTH
CDJ

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I had my sidepipes on without the body everything looked OK. I might pull one of the mounts off and see if I can do something there to drop it a little. Should I be able to get the engine all the way down in the frame slots on both sides? Right now if I push it all the way down on one side it is up about 1/2" on the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts