Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a little something I have been working on to "dress up" the engine bay of my Mod Motor.

The goal is to keep the same color scheme on the cover also.

let me know what you guys think

Cheers

MK4

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
That engine does not look good naked! You have a good start on a dress for that Dame. I think the louvers are proportional and a nice touch…kind of like pearls.

Jack

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Looking good! You might consider angling the louvers the other way so they're "pointing forward" as in center of car towards front so they visually indicate forward motion...

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

Thanks Guys for the coments.

Yes I tought of the turkey pan, but decided agains it (not for me) it does hide the engine but I am looking for a more modern look (kinda like the coyote). Has for the loover I still need to play with them to figure wich way I like them more, but one thing is sure I am installing them.

If all goes according to plan you guys will be able to see the finish product at this years open house...

cheers

MK4

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got time

Well I got some time to work a bit today so here is the progress

Got the structured figured out to support the engine cover, also got the louvers positioned.

next I need to figure the exact positionning of the engine cover so I can attach it to the suporting structure ( a bit tricky in order not to impeed on the Hood locks..

Cheers

MK4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That engine does not look good naked! You have a good start on a dress for that Dame. I think the louvers are proportional and a nice touch…kind of like pearls.

Jack
I agree with that statement - just some work on the modular and may on top your pan...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Looks good, initally reminded me of the Northstar engine cover. I like the louvers like you have them now. Are you going body color?

Mike

·
Charter Member
6,164 Posts
I have one of those...

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Engine color

Yes the plan is to keep the same paint scheme, stripes and all.

Should look good

Mk4

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Love the look. Not sure about same as the body color. I would keep it as silver powdercoat. But the beauty of these cars is that we put our own touch to them.

Great work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,091 Posts
Looking at your pics and I think it will look good once completed. Have you thought about adding a rolled edge. You could use solid rod bent aroung the perimeter and roll the cover around it. Would give it a truely custom look. Just my input.

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rod

Yes the perimeter Will be à 1/4 inch rod welded on it will do 2things. Give it à finish look and give strenght to the assembly. I finish the louver install today and the rough sub structure, just need to wait until stores open up tomorrow to get what I am missing to complet assembly .

Km 4

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Looking at your pics and I think it will look good once completed. Have you thought about adding a rolled edge. You could use solid rod bent aroung the perimeter and roll the cover around it. Would give it a truely custom look. Just my input.
I concur

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
update

Well guys I finally finished the cover fabrication. It took a lot longuer than expected to fabricate it. But it was a fun project! Got to use the mig welder, had to remember how to Weld with a bronze rod (that was fun) and got to do a lot of massaging to the steel to get it to comform to the shape I liked and to french in the louvers. Has some of you have pointed out I did finish the edge with a 1/4 inch rod to give it a finish and smooth transition. I should be able to get it painted in a couple of weeks (depending on the schedule of my painter!!!)

MK4

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.