Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have these in my wish list on Summit. Have not checked against the port size on my manifold but one of these may be what you are looking for. The 1262's are 2.10" X 1.28" and the 1250's are 2.0" X 1.2". There is a good thread on SBF intake manifold installation that I have followed previously. Main trick is to use 4-5" of all thread in the 4 end manifold bolt holes in the head to line the manifold up and make sure it comes straight down on the gaskets/intake ports (studs would accomplish the same thing). I think the original thread was from Wayne Presley? Good luck with the install. Scott

Just this morning I had a helpful discussion with the manager of our local NAPA store. He did some research and found the 1262S3 intake gasket set for about $50. They will be here 4/6. Thanks on your information. I might end up doing the studs to see how that works out. I will do an update post.

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
24,027 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,060 Posts
Instead of using all thread I found 4 partial threaded long bolts. I cut the heads off and rounded the end. It makes lowering the intake so much easier. It doesn't bind on the threads as it goes down. All thread will also work, but I found this better for me. This technique is especially helpful at not disturbing the RTV used on the front and rear instead of the partial gasket pieces they give you that are known to fail.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts