Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in an endless debate in my head about carb vs. EFI. Basically, it comes down to looks for me. Each way has its positives and negatives and I dont want this thread to turn into a debate. Just please post your specs, a pic or two and what you did for wiring.
Thanks
Aaron Silidker

·
Charter Member
289 Posts
Went with a painless wiring harness with the fuel injection harness from Holley. Computer is Holley commander. Set up it's $2500-$3000. I liked the carb look but wanted the tunability of F/I with the O2 sensor. This thing has throttle response better than anything I have ever driven. Like a street bike.

Thanks,
Jon

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
If you could see what I see....WOW! It's carb and it's bad!

and the future

Mike

[ April 15, 2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Mike Mondie ]

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just cant beat the simplicity and the look of the carb. If anyone can present a picture of a really simple EFI system (EGR eliminated, really clean wiring, and all extraneous crap eliminated) that would be great. If I went EFI it would be bare bones and I just want to get an idea of what it would look like. Any carburated cars with a circular air filter?

[ April 16, 2002, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Aaron SIlidker ]

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is exactly the EFI look that I would want if I went that route. It is just damn expensive for that nice manifold! I wish I could just make a decision already. Maybe I will have to start another thread about the wiring diet. If I can do that myself, then I will probably go EFI. aghhhhhhhh, I hate critical decisions.
Please keep the pictures coming. I may see one that just totally changes my mind on the matter.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Aaron - keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds here, on the corral, and on ebay. I got the GT40 manifold complete w/ fuel rails, injectors, EGR & spacer, 65mm TB, etc for $350! The wire diet is tedious, but not difficult if you have the diagrams and a little patience.

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled then. I am going to start a new thread with peoples opinions about the holley system. You can get them for 500 off ebay and the price would be well worth it IMO to get the fuel injection performance with simplicity near that of a carb.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
929 Posts
Hat Tricks 342 CCM stroker. TFheads, Edelbrock polished intake, Power Steering, etc.....

·
Senior Charter Member
365 Posts
This is a work in progress. Several small details to finish up.

[ April 16, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Kartman ]

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Here's mine

1 - 20 of 25 Posts