Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for discussions about enforcement ideas. I will share info from G-Tech and the dyno guys to help frame the discussion.

Keep in mind that enforcement is a lower priority than the other things. This discussion should *not* spiral out of control.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
G-Tech

The laws of physics tell us that moving a known weight from point A to point B within a given period of time will yield effective power.
Could it work? If the tests are well controlled - it very well could.

BUT

G-Tech enforcement;
The only way I could see this as a potentially viable method would be to turn over our cars to one driver (scrutineer) that would take them out one at a time to drag test the cars.

Concerns;
I'm not too sure I'm ready for someone to go hammering through my gears.

How can you cheat a test like this? You know that little thing they call a SPOUT? It's in your wiring harness up by the distributor. It's not hard to insert a switch in the harness to effectively remove the SPOUT. When this happens, you have no ignition advance beyond the initial (mechanical) advance. Poof - there went 25-30 HP.

How else can you cheat a test like this? Intercept the TPS (throttle position sensor) wire with a 500 ohm resistor. Presto - no wide open throttle - Sayanora 20 HP..

Can I go on? Yes - I won't though..

There are other ways and we'll talk about those very soon..

·
FFCobra Fanatic
648 Posts
Randy, There will always be ways that some people may want to cheat the rules. However I have found that most of the fast guys would rather showcase their driving ability and win on driving merrit and not by having a more powerful car. Having an established power/weight limit is simply a way to make the cars more equall and allow better competition.

Enforcement is an entirely different issue. Other than a sealed motor package that could be strictly enforced, I don't think there is a foolproof way to catch all cheaters. However if someone shows up at a track and starts dusting off the front runners, you will know pretty quickly what's up.

You cannot cheat a video camera!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Randy, I keep hearing you talk about the CMC rules as an honor system. But that’s what we currently have is an honor system.

The easiest way to protect ourselves against cheaters is for the penalty to be high.

Maybe Dan could start a poll after we have some popular ideas.

·
1,569 Posts
Does the dyno operator seal the CMC engine in some way after the dyno to ensure that adjustments aren't made after the dyno run?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts