Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking delivery on an enclosed trailer and want to know what my options are for protecting the floor. I would like to keep it relativly simple, cheap and primarily to protect the wood. So far i have rulled out to being too expensive:
diamond plating
1-ft vinyl tiles
full one piece rubber mat

How do you think a heavy coat of truck bed spray would hold up?

Eric

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The reason these things have a wood floor is so that when it gets all oily and nasty (kinda like my old girlfriend) you can tear it up and replace it (also kinda like my old girlfriend).

Don't bother.....

All the best,
Tag

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
-1/4" thk plywood, set it on top of the other, when it get messed up, take it out.

-Linolium (sp)? although you will want some texture.

-Thompson water sealer, might not hold up to oil

-Old carpet

·
Registered
941 Posts
My new Haulmark trailer has Black/gray marble looking linoleum flooring over the plywood. It looks real nice and is easy to clean. It was a pretty inexpensive option when I ordered the trailer. I would think you could do it yourself fairly cheaply.

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Have seen lots of guys use cheap indoor/outdoor carpet or astro-turf in their trailers. When it gets dirty, rip it up and get new carpet.

HTH

Tom

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Gotta ask why? Every pound of weight you add in "niceties" is one pound of cargo you can't hold. If my pressure treated floor gets scummy, I park it on a slight grade and hit it with my pressure washer loaded with deck wash (on the soap cycle only) then hose it off with the garden hose. I then hit it with the leaf blower to blow off the excess water (and not have to wipe down the walls.) Hitting the plywood with high-pressure will open up the grain - not good.

If it's a matter of looks, just remember you tow that weight even when the trailer is empty. That's up to you.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
If You just want to protect the wood, You might try what I did in my enclosed snowmobile trailer---when it was brand new I sealed that wood with Thompson's water seal, and after the first year I did it again when the sleds were out. Snowmobile trailers get some harsh use, snow, ice, salt, and after 4 years that wood looks as good as new really. Just an idea that won't add weight and doens't cost a ton that might help You out. toodizzy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts