Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Received MK3 2/3/07
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have rear dist brakes. I have a e-brake out of a 88 Mustang and the T-cable is way short. I was told that if you pulled on the cable and put a nail in the hole on the handle to compress the spring. I tried that but when I pull up on the handle the cable slips off the pulley. I read on a previous post about cutting and welding. http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=024768
Does that apply to me? Please tell me what I am not seeing. Here is some pics of my e-brake.

Thank you,
Lynn

·
Received MK3 2/3/07
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do have the newer MK3 with it mounted on the side of the trans. tunnel.

·
1,752 Posts
Stang,

I had the same problem. I have Ebrake cables from a '96 that mount to the bracket directly behind the Ebrake handle and DO NOT pass under the 4" frame tube. I bought a used Ebrake handle from a '00 Mustang and used the "T" cable from the '90 donor and everything worked perfectly.

I hope your going to clean and paint those parts before they get installed....

·
Received MK3 2/3/07
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I was going to clean every thing up just test fitting. I got my cables from Disk Brakes R Us.

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
The rear disc calipers have adjusters built in so the handle adjuster is redundant. You can disable it without issue so that the handle is just a handle.

There is also an adjustable short cable for disc brakes available from Ford Racing (i got mine from Max at five-star) for a few bucks. It has a threaded rod and nut where the swaged end is. It shows up in the m-2300-k kit but is not listed separately although it's available.

the part number for the cable is m-2810-a and these instructions tell you how to do the e-brake handle on page 15-17

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-2300-K.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts