Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a MKII roadster. I have a Lokar floor mounted emergency hand brake that I purchased from Summit. It looks as if it would fit in the triangle just behind and to the right of the shifter. However the emergency brake cables are to long by about a foot. If I move it to the front triangle the cable is still long. The manual says to route it under the 4 inch round frame and up to the hand brake??? This looks as if it will hit the drive shaft as it truns. Anyone have any suggestions.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,041 Posts
Tom, I had done this and used the old cables temporaraly. You will have to fab up a new bracket for cable housing that will angle the cables foward instead of angled downward,made my own adjuster and shortened the cable with cable clamps. PM me if you want more details.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I have the Lokar handle mounted to the right and rear of the shifter. If using rear disc brakes, use Lokar cables for an explorer, PN EC80FU. The cables are not terminated,and can be cut to length.
For the e brake handle to be mounted on the trans tunnel top, you will need to weld in a bracket to hold the handle. I have a MK III, and I'm not sure if it's the same as a MK II.
There's not alot of leverage when using the Lokar handle, and to solve that, I built a e-brake leverage bar that doubles the force to the calipers. This required moving the factory cable stay, and welding in a bracket for the leverage bar. John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts