Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I sent a prototype side emblem to FFR for approval (SEE PIC BELOW). They shot it down for the same reasons they gave Rob on his nice front/rear emblems.

Would there be any interest in these? If so maybe I could approach FFR again.

Chris

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Chris go for it.... I love em!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I like them. Can someone enlighten me as to why FFR is not supportive of these projects?

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Count me in for a set when made.

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Originally posted by teamfour:
I like them. Can someone enlighten me as to why FFR is not supportive of these projects?
Probably the same reason good ole Shel' didn't like anyone else making "Cobras". Licensing royalties most likely.

From a business/legal perspective, as more and more people make their own version of the FFR '5' logo, it begins to mutate and loses its unique identity (aka: trademark). This dilutes the effectivness of the brand. Also, if there are enough non-sanctioned FFR '5' logo'd products floating around for long enough, eventually, FFR could lose it exclusive rights to the logo as its trademark. Eventually, a case could be made the the '5' logo is not an enforceable trademark of FFR but rather is in the public domain.

Sorry for the long post, time to go home!

CJ

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,132 Posts
Those side badges look real good, but am I missing something here? "Powered by FFR" is just not a true statement. This is a FFR "powered by Ford" or god forbid "powered by Chevy", "powered by Chrysler" etc.... An original Cobra was an AC that was powered by Ford, a Pantera is powered by Ford, and so on. FFR doesn't build and manufacture engines/drivelines. I still say the side badges look awesome, but the aren't semantically correct.

No flames please, just on observation.

See Ya

Jeff E.

·
Out-of-control teenager
835 Posts
Yeah but the idea, the inspiration, is powered by "5" (maybe? :D )

Plus who said anything about these cars was supposed to make sense? ;)

Great badges, but we already bought some ford ones so wouldn't be interested.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a few variations:

They would be machined then either polished with no color, chromed with no color or possibly paint added. Preferences?

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts