Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for some pics of the famed elephant ears but no luck so far, I am trying to see where all of my remaining aluminum panels goes or if I am missing something, so far I think I have both rear splash panels but I only have one front elephant ear, (the one that really looks like a elephant ear) I think it goes on the driver side,
is there supposed to be a elephant ear for the passenger side too?
If so is there a way to get it?

I bought a semi completed MK3, if this helps the answer

Thank you very much and sorry for the newb question.

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
Jack - I'm sure someone can post a go-kart picture that shows the ears installed, but we can go through my panels when you stop by to check out my build. I have everything but the front and rear splash panels (ears) fitted and drilled already, and I can easily position the ears for you to see where they go first-hand.

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
this is kind of a side shot i clipped a while back off the internet- nice looking car!!

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks guys, that is what I needed,

So I am definetly missing the passenger elephant ear:sad:

I just texted the guy I bought the car to see if we forgot it somewhere, but if not where can I get it?

Are they still available from FFR for the MK III?

Jack - I'm sure someone can post a go-kart picture that shows the ears installed, but we can go through my panels when you stop by to check out my build. I have everything but the front and rear splash panels (ears) fitted and drilled already, and I can easily position the ears for you to see where they go first-hand.
Thanks, right now I am trying to see what I am missing

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
I dont see why they wouldnt have some left over, and if they didnt - easy enough to get a MK4 one and trim it-- easy fix !! keep us posted on the progress !!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news, the previous owner does have it:)

·
Senior Charter Member
2,834 Posts
Word of advice, take them to your local Line-X shop and have them shoot them with bedliner material. Not only does it quiet down all the pinging noise from road bits that thrown up by the tires, it looks good too. I did both sides of the rear ears, and only the tire side of the front ears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.