Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the FFR manual says to run the battery cable down the left side, under the driver. Then I assume you wire it to a solenoid and the ign switch..etc, then over to the starter (hope I'm close). The question: I'm using Summit Racing's "mini" starter, with an internal solenoid. Can't I run the battery cable down the pass. side, since the starter is on that side, and tie the battery and ign-sw using a junction block. Seems easier. (shows how much I know!) If you can "decode" this and reply, I would appreciate it...thanks.. :eek:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,578 Posts
Yes you can. Use a large gauge wire to come across to the drivers side and tie in your fuseable links there with a block. That is, unless you're using a Painless setup and non-efi. If that's the case, you can do pretty much what you want.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Told you I was challenged....Yup, I'm using the Painless Carb setup...thanks..

·
3,701 Posts
An advantage of using the starter solenoid even if you don't need it is that it provides a convenient place to tap into for other accessories and if worse comes to worse, you could even connect a pair of jumper cables if you needed to. Mine is mounted directly behind the engine - below the 2 x 2 frame

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Ditto what John said. I am using the mini-starter with internal solenoid, but I also have a Ford solenoid up on the X member to make a convenient tie-in point for all the various things that I needed to connect.

Happy motoring

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
John, kinda OT, but I have to say i love looking at your pictures. Everything you do is super sanitary. What do you do for a living(maybe it has influenced you?)?

·
Senior Charter Member
321 Posts
John reminds me of an old Sat. Night Live skit with Phil Hartman "The Anally Retentive Chef” the bit was that Phil would do something like slice a cucumber and the pieces would not be exactly the same size so he would have to throw the whole thing away but he would first wrap them in a napkin which in turn had to be placed in a paper bag which had to be stapled and folded just so, which could then not be placed in a dirty trash can ect.

John I wish my shop (loose term for a one car garage) was 1/10th as neat and well organized as yours. Your craftsmanship really shows in the details of your car. Thanks for the continuing flow of pictures on how to do one of these cars right.

[ August 28, 2002, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: DevilDog ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.