Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my starter relay juiced. I'm using a donor harness from a 89 mustang. The donor had a automatic,so I got a peddle box, and tranny harness from e-bay. My tranny is from a 94 mustang. This might be part of my problem. The tranny has a electrical hook-up for speedometer, and for back-up lights only. It has no other electrical hook-ups. I think my relay is not getting juice because it does not know the car is in neutral. Am I on the right track? Do I have to jump a plug?
Thanks John

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Are we talking automatic or manual trans?

If your donor wiring is from an automatic it should already have the wiring jumpered in the dash harness. What exactly is your "tranny harness" and where does it connect. It sounds to me like the clutch interlock is not bypassed or wired properly...

Photos will help as well...

Mark

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Two wires went to the neutral safety switch on the auto tranny donor. One W/PK and one R/LB. Those two need to be jumpered together for power to reach your clutch safety switch on the new pedal box. Those wires went through a 4-pin connector near the tranny. The backup light wires went through the same connector.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, my tranny is a manual. The tranny wire harness I got was from a 91 mustang with a manual trans. The tranny wire harness has three plugs, one plug for speedo, what are the other two? Paul, jumper the two for powering the clutch switch, the other two are for reverse lights all in the same connector, what is that last connector used for? Thanks for all the input.
John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Wire to the "start" terminal of your ignition switch over to the peg on the starter solenoid. Once that's working, you can figure out which interrupt switches you want to put in series with it, but I'm sure you'd like to just get it started for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts