Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,sorry for my poor english,i speek french so i'll do my best ;) i put 1257 led light on my cobra,,,,when i come to the front everithing work but maybee it hapen like that but when i plug the front passenger side the flasher stop to work so now i dont have left right and hazard flasher,but parking light and brake light still working fine but no more flasher,,,,i change the flasher relay but still not working,,,,it hapen when i plugged the passenger front side,,i heard a little clik behind the dash,,,i also chek the fuse and everiting is ok,,,,,i dont smell any thing going to burn before it stop to work but rust inside the socket,,,i deplug it and still not working,,i got the first generation ffr with a 1993 mustang wiring,,,,,,,any idea???? thanks guys...

· Registered
789 Posts
Try putting regular bulbs back in. Maybe the LEDs don't draw enough power to make the flasher work.

· Registered
592 Posts
Essayez de mettre les ampoules ordinaires en arrière po Peut-être les voyants ne tire pas assez de puissance pour faire fonctionner le clignotant.

Roy from Springboro

· Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
Not sure what Edgar said, but if you are using LED bulbs you will need an electronic flasher, a regular flasher won't work on them.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put a electronic flasher but still not work.....a friend can read a electrical diagram .....what kind of diagram? i have a factory five 1998,,,with a mustang gt harness,,,,,i search on the net but find nothing,,,,or maybe you have any suggestion would help me ;))) thanks for your answer

· Junior Charter Member
1,146 Posts
Electronic flasher needs to be designed and rated for LED use.

Normal flasher uses the current draw to heat up the internal switch and make it click over, LED's don't draw enough. They use very little current (good,) but flashers are current activated.

The LED bulb supplier should be offering resisters to wire into the circuit, providing enough load to force the normal flashers to warm up and "blink." A special low load electronic flasher will also do the same, it monitors current draw at much lower levels and decides by time interval to work, not load.

The unhappy fact of LED bulb replacement is the circuit has to be loaded back with enough current use to make them work. In terms of reducing electrical power, it's not quite a major improvement - you gain by having the (hopefully) brighter output and longer lasting light that won't burn out.

The final result is that conversion isn't quite what might be anticipated, LED's don't just plug in and work yet. The makers aren't offering "plug and play" bulbs.

Sorry my French is inadequate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.