Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anybody used the electric power brakes from Speedway?
I have not, but I did put in an electric power steering pump for power steering and a hydroboost for the brakes.

·
Bluedee
155 Posts
I put this set-up on a roadster for a customer and it overpowers the car meaning that master cylinder produces so much brake force it's hard to regulate. I was able to get the front rear balance done but they are so touchy I would never use it again. If you could use a smaller master cylinder maybe it would be better but they don't offer any alternatives.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am sure they will get better and more adjustable, what a great concept. When one of our vendors gets one dialed in, I will bite! My manual brakes work well, I just wish they had a little better pedal response.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,712 Posts
I didn't get my from Speedway, but the same setup, and probably provided by, is at ABS Power Brake Inc.

I've had the system on there for a number of years. At first using DOT 5 (as they suggest) but then flushing that out and going to Wilwood High Temp fluid. It hasn't been without issues however, but, since I've relocated the pump and pressure switch away from the headers, it seems to have solved the issues I was having.

I've used the system for Street and Track (roadcourse and autocross) with very predictable braking. The braking feels very much like any other factory produced car's brakes.

If you go to this page, ABS Power Brake, Inc., I ordered the 10-59 system which includes the master cylinder, and pump. You have to provide your own lines.

Installation is simple, requiring a 30a circuit via a relay (which it comes with) and attaching the ground, then running the lines. Bleeding the system is very similar to other systems going to all four corners, then finally, turning the pump on until fluid comes out of the accumulator hole. Stop, install the accumulator and test. Do NOT refill the reservoir.

If you have any other questions, pm me.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts