Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I am impressed. The MC and pump were very easy to install and I just have the pressure line and power to connect before I bleed the brakes and give it a try.
Now - There are three wires to the relay. One red (Battery), one blue (ignition) and one black (ground). The relay is fitted next to the coil which has switched power from the ignition. Can I use this? Any advice will be appreciated,
Steve

·
Charter Member
584 Posts
You should have dedicated fuse protected ciruits for each of the wires.

If you do use the coil for your blue wire put an inline fuse between the coil and ABS relay.

I haven't had a chance to bleed and power up yet. I have a 15 amp fuse for the pump power (red) and a 5 amp for the ignition to relay power. I may bump that up to 20 amp for the pump. After all the instructions call for a size #10 wire from the battery. Thats pretty big. The only other wire that size is between the alternator and battery post on the start relay.

HTH

Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
715 Posts
Sorry can't help, but where are you guys getting these units?

Thanks.

Garnet

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
This sounded like a great option 'til I saw the price. 12 yards buys a lot of parts. Heck, my wheels and tires didn't cost that much all together with mounting, balancing and shipping included!

Still curious to see how they perform..

·
Junior Charter Member
1,506 Posts
haha, I had thought the same until I realized after going non-doner and adding up all the cost of my hydroboost it was going to be the same.

It is actually $950.00. The $1200 is the suggested retail price. Still $$ though.

·
Junior Charter Member
265 Posts
Am also considering this alternative. Please keep us informed.

·
Building
833 Posts
Like the idea, but my 2002 Hydrobooster setup for $125.00 will be just fine... I'm thinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.