Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of installing an Electrical Fuel Shut-off Valve. I have a Carburated SBC. Was going to put a Rocker Switch for both the FUEL PUMP and thinking of adding a FUEL SHUT-OFF VALVE at the Tank?? Could be used for Safety and Maintenance?? Also thought of a Manual Valve, but access is not so easy.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
10 years and 18K miles on two Cobras and never found a need for a shut off valve. No saying you shouldn't do it, but I personally don't see the need.

·
Premium Member
17,840 Posts
10 years and 18K miles on two Cobras and never found a need for a shut off valve. No saying you shouldn't do it, but I personally don't see the need.
I agree with this. The fuel pump shuts of when I remove the key. It's a pretty rare occasion when you want the key on and the pump off. But if you hide the switch, or label it as something else, it could be used as an anti-theft device.

There have been many times where I wanted to run the fuel pump with the engine off - like to drain the tank. I installed a Momentary on push button switch behind the dash to run the pump when everything else was off. That was pretty handy when I was switching from street fuel to track fuel.

·
Charter Member
1,774 Posts
18 yrs 42,000 miles and no need for a shut off valve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, Been in Aviation too long. I'll delete the Shut-off idea. Still think I'll keep the Fuel Pump Switch for Maintenance stuff. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts