Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has installed the Bear Claw electric latches please let me know how they worked out and how the looked.

Also, did you buy the mounting brackets or did they bolt right in.

Scott

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,996 Posts
I purchased the shaved door kit that encludes two remotes to open the doors and 2 other circuits can be wired in. The latch mounted to the door frame with no problems. I temp wired up the circuit just to see how it would work, and it is great. This ison a Coupe, but I am sure the Roadster would be no problem either. I don't think you would need the extra bracket. I did also get the door jam braided conduit for the wires to go through. Russ Thompson has some pics of his install in his photo album. Here is one of the many from his site.

Eric

[ December 16, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Eric the Red ]

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Eric,
which shaved door handle kit are you using?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,996 Posts
I used the 94100 Even though Summit does not list them, you can order most any thing from them. I liked the idea of the doors not being able to be opened when the ignition was on by the remote since it is deactivated by the relays when the ignition is on. You can though open the doors with a seperate switch that bypasses it, and still use the cable to open them too. I am sure there are less expensive ones that are just as good or better. I have seen people useing the seperate solenoid that would mount at the end of the manual release cable, it would be just as good too. These are the conduits that I am useing.

Eric

[ December 17, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Eric the Red ]

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any pics of the latch done in a roadster? Not sure the latch would mount as easily in it and still give correct door spacing.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts