Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get rid of it? Specifically I am wondering about the tube that connects the two heads in the back of the motor. Also, does the throttle body bolt up right in place of the egr plate? It was disconnected in the donor due to shorty headers and now I would like to completely remove it.

Thanks

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
You can use a bolt to close off the holes in the back of the head. 5/8 inch bolt, course thread, about 1 inch long.

I pulled off the EGR and used a plate to blockoff the holes on the side of the spacer. I removed the water lines from the spacer, but left the spacer on.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I removed my spacer but you still need a place to mount your throttle cable bracket. I had one made but have since seen them for sale in Summit or someplace. I also needed to mount my throttle cable where the cruise control cable was to line it up correctly with the throttle body. I cut the outside part of the bracket off.
Dan-Did you do anything to fool the computer, like using resistors in the sensor plug?

[ August 16, 2007, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Doug S ]

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
I deleted EGR, and I left it on. I made a plate to cover the hole where it mounts and blocked of the block holes and water holes as mentioned above. There are a few places that make solid spacers.

One note, you do have to fool the computer. I bought a plug in module for mine, then when I hooked up my FFR harness, I found out it had one already!? So if you have an FFR engine harness or maybe a RF one, you might not need the plug to fool the EGR.

·
Charter Member
1,512 Posts
I believe upr sells the spacer you are taking about. It is about 1/2 thick comes with the provision for the throttle cable. I think ford fuelinjection.com sells the kit to fool the computer. Hope this helps

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
I ended up deleting the spacer entirely also, and converting the throttle cable to a front pull. It's a much more gentle bend. Someone here made a template years ago that you can cut out of aluminum to make the TB front pull.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
You need to get one of these on ebay: 87-95 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 EGR ELIMINATOR SIMULATOR (search for item #300141803929). And 2 of these 5/8 -11 plugs for the back of the heads. You might not see the threads but that's what the wire brush is for.

Good luck!

·
Charter Member
124 Posts
Gents,
Are you sure 5/8 - 11 is the correct size? I have a set of '89 stock heads and M14 - 2.0 sure seems a lot "happier" when trying to thread in.

thanks,
Brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts