Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry if the sound is a bit low. It sounds fine on my high end headphones that I use for editing, but I have had the problem before that things that sound fine in the studio end up being quiet on YouTube. ALOT of resolution is lost during the download process, both audio and video. :(

Well he basically confirmed that the GTM is well balanced and just had a touch of aero oversteer in the fast corners, so we put a degree or so of rear wing into the car and it was good to go. That is one of the things that amazes me about the GTM. With all the Vette suspension, including urethane bushings, this car is down to professional drivers not having to make drastic changes or suggest drastic things to get it to handle at high speeds. Turn 1 and 8 we take at over 100 MPH and at near 2 Gs of loading...on DOT (street legal) race tires, so you CAN get the GTM to handle well, but you do need to pay attention to details and look at the entire package, as opposed to one thing, to get it to work. Shocks, front sway bar, alignment shims, alignment, aero items like rear wing and front splitter...these all factor into the equation of making it work.

BTW- That was with the 380 HP engine package, and we are working on the 500+ for the 25 this year, so it should be an even better ride by the end of the year. :)

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Very Nice

Was it just my poor hearing or at the 50 second mark did I hear the tires screeming into the turn?

Guess this is another example of “drove like you stole it” :evil:

· Registered
16,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was it just my poor hearing or at the 50 second mark did I hear the tires screeming into the turn?

Guess this is another example of “drove like you stole it” :evil:
Actually, EFRs professionalism really showed through during this test. What you are watching there is just about his third lap in the car and on that track. AMAZING. He never looped the car, as most other drivers have, and he just kept getting faster and faster throughout the day until he was within 2 tenths of a second of our fastest ever lap time on that track configuration. And he did it on some pretty well used tires and without over using the brakes. The guy is truely a legend, and I just hope we all, as a team, get to grow and learn from him some more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.