Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys- hoping you all can help me out. I have a Mark II with a fuel injected 302/A9 computer, MSD distributor, MSD 6AL. Car runs flawless, however when it gets above 170 degrees it will not immediately restart. If you let it cool for about 5 minutes it will restart, have 57 pounds fuel to the rail, I have changed the TFI module, coil, distributor is only a couple of years old. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. At this point I am pretty certain I am going to just change everything over to Holley Sniper, just kind of seems like going backwards in a way. Also if I go Sniper, is it better to just get rid of the A9 and MSD6AL?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Senior Charter Member
3,067 Posts
Fuel pressure should be 39psi with vacuum disconnected. With vacuum at idle, expect about 32 psi. If it has a higher flow pump try a different regulator. I switched to a Kirban to fix high pressure after installing a 255 pump.
When hot, try cracking the throttle open slightly and see if that helps when cranking. And also try cycling the key a few times before starting (multiple prime shots to add fuel) and see if that makes a difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts