Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completely stripped down my '88 Mustang 302 engine to detail it out.
I did a pretty good job of labeling the electrical wires and connectors but not so good a job of doing the same on vacuum lines and hoses.
Am putting it back together and my memory does not serve as well as I thought it would.
Complicated by the fact that I removed the air pump and EGR.
Does anyone have a good source for some documentation on vacuum hose routing?
The manual indicates that there was a sticker on the fan shroud showing the emissions hose routing, which would be of some help. But of course that's long gone.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
The only thing I have hooked to vacuume on mine are the power brakes that I decided to keep. If you got rid of the EGR, then I assume you are not concerned about emmisions schtuff...so just ditch it all and block off all the vacuume ports on your upper intake.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
If you don't have EGR, then you just need 2.

Fuel Pressure Regulator. Use the tree fitting from the underside of the upper intake and block off the ones you don't need and run one hose from there to the FPR.

You'll also need one that goes to the PCV valve. There's a thicker hose that should be attached to the underside of your upper intake that goes to that.

Block the holes in the back of your heads with a 5/8th course thread bolt. You might need a pipe brush to clean them out or the bolts won't go in because of carbon buildup.

I deleted the TAB/TAD, so those don't need hoses. You just need a resistor to fool the computer into thinking it's there. I think that was a 10k ohm. You'd need the same for an EGR delete too. Confirm this last paragraph.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys.
I think I've got a handle on it now.
Appreciate your quick responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts