Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urban Snake/SnakyUrbanite
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 5.0 w/ stock EFI & I'm replacing it w/ the Holley Sniper system. What cable hardware & linkage hardware will I need? The existing cable is way long.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,141 Posts
I know it will be a pain because I did it on mine but forget a cable and go for linkage. Forte has a kit and there are a couple of lists floating around from before he offered his. Otherwise lokar has good cables except for their SS braided version. Get the plain black one.

·
Charter Member
1,559 Posts
I did that swap this winter. I created some of my own challenge (I am my own worst enemy sometimes) as I had changed the stock system to front pull cable. I did not like the sharp "S" that the rear pull required the throttle cable to be in.

But when I installed the Sniper everything was designed for a rear pull cable. To make it more challenging, the sniper is wider than any of the other throttle bodies so some of the aftermarket brackets that could just be flipped and used from the front would not clear the linkage.

I ended up making my own. I took this bracket:
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetor_components/brackets_and_linkage/parts/20-112
and made some modifications so it fit on the front two mounting studs. I am not picture savy. If you send me your email I can send you some pics.

Geoff

·
Snake Farmer
10,239 Posts
The existing cable is way long.
To long in what way?

Can't you just cut the cable at the TB end, and use an end attachment that uses set screws to fasten to the cable. There are several varying types of trunnions available. Should be one compatible with your new set up. Lokar makes several types.
Example.

You might also mount the cable bracket, (or make a new one), further back, to allow for the length, if it looks like the outer cable housing is to long, to still get WOT on the cable.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I used Forte's mechanical linkage on my Fitech in my Coupe. But I noticed Lokar have some brackets for cables that will help.
David W

1 - 5 of 5 Posts