Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering upgrading to a HOLLEY SNIPER or a SUMMIT MAX EFI.Would appreciate you guys
opinion.I now have a QUICKFUEL HR 680cfm on EDELBROCK PERFORMER intake.A Ford racing
302 with aluminium heads,that runs pretty well.Tends to run rich on hot&humid days ,runs great
on cooler days.I'm 800 feet above sea level.Would that be a big improvement?Are those systems
quite reliable ?Would I notice a improvement?
thanks again,they say it's an easy install.. Bob F

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,560 Posts
I've installed some Sniper units and think they do a great job. Partial to Holley, yes, but not changing. I run a Terminator and have also done a few HP stack systems and have had no issues with any.

The Sniper is a fairly simple install, but you will need a fuel pump (I prefer in-tank) and a return line to tank. The other small item is welding a bung (in kit) for the O2 sensor. I'd also suggest a cable "Y" to connect the LCD screen and laptop at the same time as well as getting the laptop connection cable.

I'd do a Sniper system (allow timing) which requires a distributor. If you don't have any CD box you can opt for their Hyperspark setup. That will add some cost to the system. If you have a CD box now, you can buy the Dual Sync (preference) or Hyperspark distributor and connect your system. To do a really good job you will most likely need to tailor the harness. If you go this route, and de-pinning and shortening harness wires would be required. Not hard to do, just patience.

You can still install the Sniper on a regular engine electrical setup. You will just have the same as you have with a carburetor without the ECU controlling timing.

As for performance, I think it'll be a big improvement on driving and performance. jmo

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,137 Posts
There was just recently another thread on throttle Body EFI. I posted my experiences with the FITECH system.

I agree, you should run better, as a properly set up EFI is much more flexible than a carb.
And your motor is relatively mild, so that will help

·
Registered
619 Posts
I’ve had the FiTech on my 306 for almost 3 years, very happy with it. I’m running an Edlebrock rpm performer manifold and ford e cam, MSD e curve distributor, no box. Very well mannered, to drive. Have gone from sea level to the mountains of North Carolina, runs great.

Best of luck whichever way you go

John

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feed back. good info.,apart for the controversy locating the O2 sensor with a BBK header,
I guess it would be a good move.Cons: if it stalls,I'm cooked. With my carb. I could manage some.
Thanks again, Bob F.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Have you decided where you are going to place the O2 sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts