Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running EFI with the I squared system. My question is the constant 12V power supply to the Ford computer which bypasses the I squared system. Should this have a in-line fuse, if so what strength? Many more questions to come.

Troy

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Troy:
The stock Ford computer keep alive circuit has a built in fusible link in the pigtail ,so you don't need to fuse it.
Paul M.

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
Since you're using the I Squared system, and not the Ford harness, does that mean you removed the fusable link? I would think so, but I havn't used their wiring system.

I put my computer on a automatic reset circuit breaker. Doesn't need much, I think I used a 10A breaker. I prefer breakers over fuses.

·
Junior Charter Member
615 Posts
Troy,

I'm using the same set up, and have no idea how to connect the i squared harness to the efi harness. I've tried fordfuelinjection.com, but all their diagrams seem to be for their harness, which isn't exactly like the donor harness. Could you pass on the info you're using to connect them? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.