Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I connect Ryan's EFI harness to my American Autowire harness?

I know it can be done, I have found posts but nobody says what wires to connect. All I know is it's about 3 wires.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

·
Nobody Special
608 Posts
Did you rear the manual? http://fordfuelinjection.com/harness_manual-K.pdf

Connect the 10Ga Red power wire to Battery positive or the starter solenoid. You do not need to add a fuse; the harness is 100% protected.

Connect the Orange wire marked “KEYED RUN” to the keyed ignition switch. This wire must have +12 volts with the key in RUN and START positions.

Connect the Purple wire marked “START” to the keyed ignition switch. This wire must have +12 volts only when the key is in the START position.

The Green wire marked “TACH” is for your tachometer. Consult your tachometers installation manual for further instructions.
Do not leave bare wires open under the dash if you don’t have a tachometer!

Connect the Tan and marked “MIL” and Red wire marked "MIL PWR” to the check engine light. It does not matter which wire is connected to which side of the light. Do not leave bare wires open under the dash if you skip the check engine light!

·
Charter Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh you mean the instructions in the box :)

I did read them when I received the harness but when I went looking for directions I brushed right past them.

Thanks again,
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts