Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I still use the computer from my 1988 mustang that has been chang over to mass air from speed density if I am going to change the throttle body to a 70 mm and 24 pound injectors.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong or not reading this right but since Bruce's '88 has already been converted to MA, doesn't that mean he should already have the MA computer? Then as long as MAF is bigger than the TB and calibrated to the 24# injectors, it should work, shouldn't it?

-- Tim

·
6,546 Posts
If his car has already been converted, yes he can. What's the code on the computer, just to play it safe?

Should be a 3 letter alphanumeric code that's bigger than the other #'s on the computer. A9L, A9P, A3M, Etc.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Just a quick question: Are all GT MAF computers calibrated for 24lb injectors? I thought only the stock Cobra units were.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by Rebel74:
Just a quick question: Are all GT MAF computers calibrated for 24lb injectors? I thought only the stock Cobra units were.
I believe GT computers are calibrated for 19 lb. injectors. Changing the MAF to one that is calibrated for 24 lb injectors will allow you to use the stock computer with 24 lb injectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts