Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Related to trying to solve my bucking/jerking at low rpm issue:

Back in 2005 I took the roller to a mechanic to address some issues. They put in a new Painless 60510 Fuel Injection harness. Today, I took the harness off the EEC to have a look. Noted several things that concern me:

1. Pin #46 wire (Sensor Signal Return) is spliced (home made splice) about 8" from the connector with the spliced wire running to Pin #30 (Neutral Gear/Neutral Drive Switch). What does the Neutral Switch do; is this correct?

2. My Ford 1990 EVTM shows Pin #29 as Right Hego Sensor, Pin #43 as Right Hego Sensor Feed, and Pin #49 as Hego Ground. No Left Hego noted; typo?

Cheers, Dale

·
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mine shows the same; so, in my ETVM #43 is a typo and should read Left Sensor. Thanks.

Any takers for Question 1? I'm thinking I can unplug #30?

·
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The neutral switch and clutch wires were dieted out of my of my harness (not the safest thing, I know). The short wire going to #46 is spliced to the #30 wire ~8" from #30 pin. Is either pin functioning in any way?

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts

·
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul, Thanks, a wealth of info there.

Right now the car is with Gordon for "fixin".

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.