Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a mass air conversion and have to put pins in back of the harness connector..... I've already bent one pin and don't want to screw this up... I do have the mass air harness with the "factor pins" on the wires....whats the trick in getting these pins in the connector?... It was going pretty smoothly until this part...

Thanks
Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know some of you guys have done this conversion.....help

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Mike - to clarify what Charlie said - inside the most of the Ford plugs is a retainer clip (almost always red or green) You take the out the little clip with tiny needle nose or dental pick. Then the pins will slide in and out.

Sorry Charlie
(Sorry I just couldn't resist)

[ January 15, 2007, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: StephenP ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That explains it!...Thanks very much guys!

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts

I haven't looked lately, but forfuelinjection.com used to have a pretty good description of how to dismantle the ECM connector as well as identifying each of the pin's functions for several different model years.

fordfuelinjection.com

You might try searching this site (including some of the tech articles posted there). Some info is a little 'buried', but there is a ton of stuff there.

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.