Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wanting to transplant a 1995 mark 8 4.6 engine and trans. will i be able to use the PCM and loose the anti-theft, airpump, emmisions, and stuff? if so, do i send it off or is it something i can do myself? i realize it's not programmable, the factory tune will be fine for my use. everything i read is about the 96 and up that is programmable and if necessary, i guess i could get one but i thought it might be simpler if i kept everything together.
thanks,

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,199 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 95 mark is EEC V and programable even though not completely OBDII compliant. You would need a tune on a piggyback chip that gets atached to the EEC
Looks like I was wrong
Mark Viii didn't go eec v until 1996 even though the tbird modulars began in 1994

·
Junior Charter Member
681 Posts
Simple Answer: Yes.... I have 95 mark in my ride, self dieted harness running a custom tune with Motes Quarterhorse But could have a chip burned to handle a single tune. Not switching to a manual trans would be alot less work.
Shoot me a pm with a valid email and I can send you a info pack.
Patrick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.