Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for someone that has install the E-Force supercharger on a Gen 2 Coyote in a 33 Hot Rod. Really want to do this on my build and wanted to know how to tackle belt routing with relocation of alternator and where and how to installed heat exchanger. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
17,740 Posts
Mine is in a Backdraft Roadster. The stock alternator would not fit. I used an aftermarket 80A racing alternator, that is much smaller than the Ford part. It's in the same location, but tucked in closer, with an added (hand fabricated) idler pulley.

After installation and first start, the car was put on the dyno for gentle break in and tuning. After 90 minutes of run time by a professional tuner, the rotor seized to the housing.

We took it off and sent it back to Edelbrock. They would not send me a new one. Instead, they made me wait for months while they repaired the damaged one.

Now it's working well and running fine. Through an Automatic transmission, it makes a little over 500hp.

There are a lot of things I like about the Edelbrock design. But I'm not sure I would install another one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, you were able to keep your alternator in the original position. With the alternator in its original position Edelbrock supplies necessary brackets , pulleys etc to turn the rotors. I was hoping that someone who has the alternator moved with the relocation kit and that has installed the supercharger would share with me how they did it.
Where did you locate your heat exchanger?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Supercharger

Mine is a Magnuson on an LS but the intercooler radiator the same issue. I put my radiator just ahead of the rear axle and up under the trunk structure with a
fan.

·
Premium Member
17,740 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kamp : that's a great idea by the rear diff. did you look at doing it ahead of the rad? (have a/c) wondering if you found problems in doing there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have AC and with the condenser in place there was no real room for the IC radiator. Plus the grille is so narrow at the bottom routing 1/2-5/8" cooler lines was an issue as well.

There was another post about this awhile back and the builder also did his in front of the rear axle but mounted it lower than I did. Sorry, I don't remember the name.

In my set up I have the pump come on at 80 degrees and then the IC radiator fan comes on at 125 degrees, off at 115. Unfortunately it doesn't take long for it to start cycling so there must not be a lot of natural air flow where I have it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Im using a Whipple but some of our issues may be similar.

I am going to mount the resevoir and low temp cooler in the back. The resevoir is in front of the axle on drivers side and the cooler will be on the trunk lower part vertical area. With fans so airflow isn't a worry.

As far as your belt. If you have ac, you have to mount the alternator in front and turned around, as you know. I installed the Whipple idler plate and then cut the single mount spacer that used one of the same mounting points and used the long bolt instead of the Whipple one. This put the alternator in the right plane to match the blower drive system. Then, after some trying a few things and a couple different idler pulleys, I managed to find a routing that works. I am concerned about belt wrap on my blower but I am going to try it before I attempt to get more belt wrap up there.

See my build thread on either site for photos of how I did the belt routing. Not sure how the edlebrock system works but belts are belts.

This same setup did 675 whp in my 2015 mustang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts