Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had my first start in June of 2006 and it ran great. Today I finally got the wiring mostly done, so I wanted to go-kart around the neighborhood. However, this time when I started the car it poured gas out of the vent tube. Actually when I turned the key to "on", it poured gas. After it dried, I started the car and it fired right up and then poured gas out of the vent tube.

Does anyone have any good tips, tricks or links to a web site for tuning the Edelbrock Performer carb?

·
Still broke & dreaming...
2,205 Posts
Try THIS SITE

It sounds like your floats are stuck. Has it been awhile since it was started?!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
you say "I turned the key to "on", it poured gas"

this leads me to think your fuel pump pressure regulator may not be working properly and you're sending a lot of fuel pressure to the carb.

i'm guessing you're using an electric fuel pump?

just a thought...

Good Luck!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
Most likely a stuck float as Gary said. If electric fuel pump and you have a regulator, check the pressure as Pete mentioned.

Try the light tap with a hammer trick. You'd be surprised.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pressure *should* be fine as it worked perfectly 7 months ago.

I'll try the tap with hammer trick.

·
Still broke & dreaming...
2,205 Posts
I'd probably take the top of the carb off and clean up the inside of the float bowls and needle seats. The "tap" method works great, but there's a reason it was sticking in the first place!

This used to happen on my '59 Chev pickup. I had an old Carter carb, which is where the Edelbrock carbs came from. Out on the farm, it used to get driven once or twice a month sometimes...almost every time, I had to tap on the top of the carb to keep from dumping fuel all over the place! Ahhhhh...the good old days! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts