Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my car tuned. The ECU is stamped with:
9416 2015
E9AF 14A624 AA

Any idea where this ECU came out of?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Take those numbers with ECU and do a search.

I came up with this thread that might be helpful:

George

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take those numbers with ECU and do a search.

I came up with this thread that might be helpful:

George
[/QUO
Thanks GWL..

·
Charter Member
272 Posts
E9AF-14A624-AA is a generic part number for a lot of EEC-IV, so that doesn't really narrow it down.
From what I have seen that first four digit number looks like a date code, so 9416 would possibly be 16th week of 1994, Meaning it is from a 94/95 model year. You would need to have someone read it via the J3 port to know for sure exactly what it is programmed with.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I am editing this post(deleted) and added the below text.

The A9L computer I say I have (E9AF-14A624-AA) (in deleted text) and like yours does not have the original Ford label but has what I would speculate is a label put on by Pro-M for their Mass Flo systems saying it is an A9L.

From my research this morning it looks like this computer comes from an '88 Taurus and many other cars/trucks with other/different 'catch' codes and can be purchased online for under $50 used. Pro-M probably used this computer part # E9AF-14A624-AA because they added a F3 programmable chip from Moates to it and could get it to do what they needed it to do with the chip.

This is all very confusing and probably so because the computers are now getting real old and are not supported any more. Some of the sites I tried to search were no longer available.

I have an email into Chris at Pro-M without a response. He is usually very quick to respond so maybe I'll give Pro-M a call next week to see if they(Chris) can spread some light on this. I want to sell this computer so I want to label it correctly. Thought it was an A9L but not sure now.

George

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The more I read the more confusing it gets. I just got off a forum site where a guy was working with a computer with the same part # E9AF-14A624-AA in his Mustang saying it was an A9L.

But as I said before I've seen it listed as coming from an '88 Taurus in two places.
Page 72 here is one: Wayback Machine

George

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can you post a picture of the label on the ecu?

·
Charter Member
272 Posts
The more I read the more confusing it gets. I just got off a forum site where a guy was working with a computer with the same part # E9AF-14A624-AA in his Mustang saying it was an A9L.

But as I said before I've seen it listed as coming from an '88 Taurus in two places.
Page 72 here is one: Wayback Machine

George
E9AF-14A624-AA is a printed part number on the bottom of the connector on all 89+ EEC-IV that I have seen. It is just a generic part number. It is the same on all the EEC-IV I have.

The sticker on the top of the connector has a part number specific to the application and a catch code.

Michael

·
Junior Charter Member
840 Posts
This will only help add to the confusion,
My ‘87 Speed Density Computer is labeled 3.0 sable.

Fords did some weird things with those computers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm trying to get my car tuned. The ECU is stamped with:
9416 2015
E9AF 14A624 AA

Any idea where this ECU came out of?
12A650 is the Ford basic number for an ecu. 14A624 is the basic number for a harness connector. The E9AF is the prefix for a 1989 full size Ford but I suspect that a lot of Fords used that same ecu connector. You need the 12A650 number to determine the origin. Be careful as Windsor engines had two different firing orders and bad things happen to head gaskets and pistons if you mix them up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts