Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Good luck...hope you get what you want for it.

I'm thinking of selling my KB supercharged car sometime next year, so I'll be watching to see how yours turns out.

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
"190 lpm fuel pump." :eek:

Now that is a serious fuel pump.

·
Registered
123 Posts
OK Bob I must know after seeing the EAA on the underside of the trunk on your FFR Cobra. Which plane are you going to build?

I am a RV and Pitts fan myself. I figure the FFR Cobra is the closest I will get to flying and hope to get started on my car next year. All the best to you in your new hobby

PS the car looks GREAT

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I normally fly a cessna 150 aerobat based at Santa Fe. It has a lycoming 320 which is 150 hp instead of the stock 100hp.

I've been building for the past five years a Sonex. It should fly next summer. You can see them at www.sonexaircraft.com.

Yes, the paint IS incredible!

Thanks for the comments.

·
1,405 Posts
Nice car!!!! Whoever wins that will be very lucky.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My rear suspension is a custom set up. When I built it coil-overs were not available, but I wanted them, so I designed my own. Measuring, geometry, computing, little cutting here, a little grinding there, a bit of drilling here and there,a few bolts, washers, and viola....custom suspension. Since then I've changed the shocks 4 times and the springs 5 times. Just right!

[ September 24, 2007, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Bob Lennon ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty busy building an airplane. That should be finished in a year or two. Maybe then. Thanks for asking.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Best of luck Bob. Very nice car and the Sonex is a fine aircraft. I'm a fan of John Monnet and flew a Sonerai II for a few years before I got my 47' Stinson.
What engine you using in the Sonex?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The auction just ended.

The final bid was $28,100. This was very close to my reserve, but not quite enough.

I welcome all reasonable offers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts