Factory Five Racing Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Glad to hear it Avalanche! Enjoy your Mk 4!

·
Junior Charter Member
4 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Just Got to VENT.............. ...........................I took all my paperwork to the DMV and spoke with a supervisor and a clerk there and was told that since I had an MSO that all I needed was proof of insurance to apply for tag & title. WELLLLLLLLLLL, after spending an hour in their office with "ALL" the paperwork I previously showed and now Proof of Insurance I was told they couldn't help me, that I had to make application for an appointment, sending a lot more paperwork than I have, to the Deland office and then take the vehicle, once the paperwork has been perused and approved, for an inspection now I ask, how am I supposed to take it over there without a tag???????????????? Oh, and by the way, EBAY, PAYPAL, & CRAIGSLIST receipts ARE NOT ACCEPTED All receipts must have sellers name, address, and phone number........I wish I knew this years ago......I was told, back when I started the build, that since it was a kit car with an MSO that I wouldn't need all of that .....

Maybe I'll be making a trip to Sanford on Friday????????

·
Baghdad Bob
866 Posts
Earl, Contact me, its all about WHICH DMV that you go to ! I am in Orange City. I went through the same thing, first went to the highly touted Lakeland office, they are brain dead. They did not know the diff between a replica and a car built from parts

They gave me a number to a regional manager that had no clue either.

I went to the sanford full service office 2 years ago, (on 1st street) 2012, and got tags, title and everything, no bs, the woman who helped did not know the process but asked her manager, i was out of there in 30 minutes.

I did NOT have to take the car in or have it weighed. This is the one i used, turn east onto 1st street from 17-92 near Pep Boys.

Sanford Branch Office photo
Seminole County Services Building
1101 E. First Street
Sanford, FL 32771

pm sent

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
jax beach. I know three have been done here. All under an hour. The last one took around 30 minutes, license plate in hand. All using the info from this thread.

·
Registered
141 Posts
YES! 5350 isTitled in Florida Today.

Received my Florida title in the mail today, I feel like celebrating after worrying about this for years. ABSOLUTELY follow Mustang Mans Process and you will get it done.

I took a copy of the TL-48 procedures, the certificate of origin, the form 1840 filled out just like mustang man recommends, original sales slip from factory five, and my check book. I was titling separately from getting a tag registration so I did not need the insurance coverage at this point.

A couple of points that you must do here to get it done.
1.Use FFR AS THE MAKE, not factory Five racing. It is in their data base as FFR.
2. Year as 1965 Roadster replica.
3. Weight, use what is on the certificate of origin, mine was 950lbs? , don't use something else, some have different weights depending if you got the complete kit or not . KEY here is make it match the CO. Or your going to get the response of why is it not accurate.
4. Mileage: use 1 mile if you have nothing on the vehicle.and state it is the actual mileage
5. Body type RD FOR ROADSTER.
6. Use the exact ID number that is on the CO nothing else.F5R100****RD.

Bottom line all data should agree with what is on the certificate of origin from FFR.

The only question I got was why I waited so long to have it titled? I said I am old and slow:) I bought the car in 2006.

20 minutes at the land o lakes paso county DMV office and I was out! The clerk at the window took all my paper work and with the supervisor got on her terminal and picked out the data I put down and it worked!

I was surprised how slick it when it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Florida Registration continued

We will be relocating in the Destin, FL, area within the next year or so, and my FFR Mark I will be going to Panama City within the next month. I have read these posts with great interest, but am not sure how if my situation is covered. My car is registered in RI as a "CO" which represents a Cobra Kit Car. It is Titled in RI with a state generated VIN number and I have the title in hand. I purchased the car from the original builder unfinished, and completed it prior to registration in RI.

Using the RI Title and the bill of sale, will I have enough information for FL registration? Any additional supporting paperwork needed? What Registry Office is the best for me to use in the Panhandle Region? I paid sales tax on the car in RI at the time of registration ---- do I have to pay another tax when bringing the car into FL?

I apologize if I am hijacking this thread, but thought my questions fit into its theme.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
need a title for 1929 Gazelle

Hey everyone, I am new at tis and don’t know most of the terminology that is being used, such as MCO/MSO and FFR number. In a nut shell, I purchased a body of a 1929 Mercedes Gazelle that partially assembled, then invested a lot $$$ to finish the project including installed an engine and a transmission by a mechanic. I have a receipt from the mechanic and all the parts I purchased to complete this project. Can someone explain to me what I need do to get this thing titled please? I understand I need to complete form 82040, anything else

·
Registered
122 Posts
Received my Florida title in the mail today, I feel like celebrating after worrying about this for years. ABSOLUTELY follow Mustang Mans Process and you will get it done.

I took a copy of the TL-48 procedures, the certificate of origin, the form 1840 filled out just like mustang man recommends, original sales slip from factory five, and my check book. I was titling separately from getting a tag registration so I did not need the insurance coverage at this point.

A couple of points that you must do here to get it done.
1.Use FFR AS THE MAKE, not factory Five racing. It is in their data base as FFR.
2. Year as 1965 Roadster replica.
3. Weight, use what is on the certificate of origin, mine was 950lbs? , don't use something else, some have different weights depending if you got the complete kit or not . KEY here is make it match the CO. Or your going to get the response of why is it not accurate.
4. Mileage: use 1 mile if you have nothing on the vehicle.and state it is the actual mileage
5. Body type RD FOR ROADSTER.
6. Use the exact ID number that is on the CO nothing else.F5R100****RD.

Bottom line all data should agree with what is on the certificate of origin from FFR.

The only question I got was why I waited so long to have it titled? I said I am old and slow:) I bought the car in 2006.

20 minutes at the land o lakes paso county DMV office and I was out! The clerk at the window took all my paper work and with the supervisor got on her terminal and picked out the data I put down and it worked!

I was surprised how slick it when it.
Good info.
Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have tried and searched several places, I can not find a valid link to the TL-06 anywhere. "mandatory use designations and brands on Florida certificates of title".

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have tried and searched several places, I can not find a valid link to the TL-06 anywhere. "mandatory use designations and brands on Florida certificates of title".

Christian, the actual PDF file was removed from the website. I have no idea why but there are still links pointing to the TL-06 that are broken. I suspect it was mistakenly removed. I was able to find a copy of the content here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170201005320/http://www3.flhsmv.gov/dmv/Proc/TL/TL-06.PDF

According to Avalanche325 you shouldn’t need it.

In Florida, a FFR is NOT a kit car. Don't even say that term. It is a replica. No inspection. Just a paperwork exercise.

Look on the other forum. There are complete instructions. You even want to print out the instructions that the DMV person follows. They will thank you.
Read this thread http://www.ffcars.com/forums/50-ins...sy-steps-title-florida-ffr5310rd-legal-4.html

Here is what I posted there when I did mine:

I just went this morning to the Tax Collectors office on Atlantic Blvd. In and out in less than 45 minutes with an antique plate in hand and 1965 title on the way!!!

I had the following paperwork:
Certificate of Origin
HSMV 82040 "application for a title"
Florida instructions TL-48 "Application for certificate of Title for a replica motor vehicle"
FFR invoice.
Proof of insurance.
Printout of FFR "completed vehicle specs" from the MKIV brochure. They used this to get the weight. I actually put 2150 on the form. The brochure says 2250, but they used 2150.

I had the Florida form TL-06 "mandatory use designations and brands on Florida certificates of title with me, but it was not needed. There was no "kit car" vs replica discussion at all.

Good luck! I think the record is 20 minutes.
HTH

·
Charter Member
354 Posts
Another Florida Registration!! 8239 is Legal!

Well, we finally seem to be settled in our new home and I went over to the Tax Office in Molino FL to register my MKIV 8239. The guy kept trying to title it as a Kit Car and wanting an inspection and I kept saying look at the MCO, it’s listed as a Replica and no inspection needed per TL-48. After about 10 minutes of this he relented and FFR 8239 is now licensed and titled as a 1965 Replica with Antique plates.

Reactions: chrisarella

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well, we finally seem to be settled in our new home and I went over to the Tax Office in Molino FL to register my MKIV 8239. The guy kept trying to title it as a Kit Car and wanting an inspection and I kept saying look at the MCO, it’s listed as a Replica and no inspection needed per TL-48. After about 10 minutes of this he relented and FFR 8239 is now licensed and titled as a 1965 Replica with Antique plates.

What did they use as the make and model? I am trying to get title/registration for my roadster that has a MD title. The Osceola tax collector has no idea what to do and sent me on a wild goose chase from Tallahassee to Orlando and back.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I titled mine at Neptune Beach office today. The computer kept saying error when they entered FFR. Finally they figured out to ignore the error. I put 000,001 for the milage and the weight off the MCO. Paid the sales tax and fees owed and the title is in the mail. I will go back in a few weeks after I get insurance and get antique tags.

·
Registered
65 Shelby Cobra
3 Posts
Christian, the actual PDF file was removed from the website. I have no idea why but there are still links pointing to the TL-06 that are broken. I suspect it was mistakenly removed. I was able to find a copy of the content here:
Wayback Machine

According to Avalanche325 you shouldn’t need it.

HTH
Thanks so much for posting that it saved my you know what

·
Registered
65 Shelby Cobra
3 Posts
Have to say thank you so much mustang man!

I had my MCO, insurance papers, driver's license, bill of sale and went to the Clearwater Florida DMV. The clerk was not only ignorant but got angry. He went to a supervisor that he's having problems with a kit car title and registration. Supervisor called the regional office and it went downhill from that point triggering inspections and referring me to the regional office. I printed that TL-48 form and partially filed out form 82040, then made another appointment at the DMV in Tampa on MLK. This office again hadn't done one before but I show them on the TL 48 form this is not to be titled at the regional office. The supervisor was very polite and appreciative that I had the instructional form to help them through it. I got title, registration and a personalized plate and was out of there within 45 minutes! Thank you again mustang man!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ugh. I’m in Clearwater. Guess I’ll expect resistance when I bring my paperwork. Just curious, did they title it a 65 Roadster?

·
Registered
65 Shelby Cobra
3 Posts
Ugh. I’m in Clearwater. Guess I’ll expect resistance when I bring my paperwork. Just curious, did they title it a 65 Roadster?

Hey Chris,

I sent you a PM. Give me a call I can walk you through it. It's just basically hit and miss depending upon the DMV employee and how willing to learn

121 - 139 of 139 Posts