Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been reading and probably thinking too much - but I can do it, I know it! The little engine that could, I guess....

Anyway: With my stock engine, would changing the cam out to an E303 be worth it? I'm not a real power hog, but I do like the sound.

Next question: What would I expect to spend for the cam?

All the best,
Tag

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
I did it to mine. Maybe a little more HP, but don't count on it on a purely stock setup. Subjectively it sure feels good between 2 and 5 grand.

I REALLY like the sound. It makes it sound quite a bit bigger than it is. A large improvement over the stock cam. I hope you like noise and a fairly lumpy idle.

Cold idle for the first couple minutes may not be that good. Hasn't bothered me much.

Price will be anywhere from $100-150 new.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I bought a Trickflow Stage 1 cam (recommended by Wurf). He says it is a more modern grind. It has similar duration and lift as the E cam and costs about $20 less. I bought mine through Summit because JD's Performance was out but you might check with him first(forum advertiser) if interested. I bought several of my engine components used through 50tech.com. It's a Mustang site with alot of drag racers that upgrade their combos with very few miles on them. I saved 30-50% on price and most of the stuff looked new. If you communicate a little with the people you deal with you can get a feel about if you can trust them or not. I have been lucky so far but have heard about some shady deals.

[ February 12, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Doug Smith ]

·
Registered
718 Posts
E is too much cam for a stock motor but will sound great. Stock cam will outperform the E with no mods.
On a stock motor with no mods and the Cobra exahust I'd look at a Comp 35-420-8
270/270 215/215 .533/.533 110. Give you the sound you want and perform well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.