Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Curious George
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my pulleys to modify the manual handle for the parking brake, but the more I look at it, I really like the e-stopp parking brake option - cleaner look IMHO as you can hide everything

I know many have installed the unit in the trans tunnel, which isn't impossible with the TKO-600 I'm planning, but how are folks routing the cables without interacting/contacting moving parts?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don’t see why it would need to be installed in the trans tunnel. I’m planning on mounting my E-stopp under the top trunk brace and routing the cables to the wheels in a shorter run. I have yet to prove this out and it is all theoretical this point. Looks like it should work though.

·
Curious George
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t see why it would need to be installed in the trans tunnel. I’m planning on mounting my E-stopp under the top trunk brace and routing the cables to the wheels in a shorter run. I have yet to prove this out and it is all theoretical this point. Looks like it should work though.
I've seen a few guys mount it up in the trunk as well, seems like it would be tucked up there nicely, but with wires, etc it could potentially snag sweatshirts, jackets, etc if they're crammed in there...

I'm also not partial to the beeping sound, can it be disabled?

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's definitely a cleaner installation of the parking brake.

Just make sure your battery doesn't die with it engaged.

- m

Reactions: Toadster

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've seen a few guys mount it up in the trunk as well, seems like it would be tucked up there nicely, but with wires, etc it could potentially snag sweatshirts, jackets, etc if they're crammed in there...

I'm also not partial to the beeping sound, can it be disabled?
I’m talking about mounting in UNDER the top portion of the trunk, above the diff.

I could be wrong but I believe the beep comes from their included button so if you swap out the button like I intend on doing then no more beep.

·
Not a waxer
11,813 Posts
It features a control box with logic that will not allow the unit to engage when the ignition is on...I had one here for paint a while back that suddenly wouldn't start. Turned out that the control unit had failed in such a way that it was killing the ignition when the brake was engaged. That one took a while to figure out :mad: That said the unit worked great at applying the parking brake. Be aware that some state inspections may require a true manually engaged "emergency brake" and not approve of it.

Jeff

·
Registered
120 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe the beep comes from their included button so if you swap out the button like I intend on doing then no more beep.
On mine the beep was a separate small electronic beeper that could be removed. I left mine installed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I mounted mine on the front side of the trunk support tubes.

IMG_5634.JPG View attachment 359057

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great idea. Do you have any picks of the cable routing?
Not really. the cables came out the drivers side, turned towards the font and then the center. I believe the DS cable made a 360 degree turn and the PS a 18- degree turn. this pic shows a little of the cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts