Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the "E" cam be used w/ the 1.7 rockers that came in my 1993 Mustang Cobra engine. Anybody else using this set up? Heads are the F3ZZ GT40 heads. Thanks i really appreciate everyone here, any guess timates of RWHP? Stock it's putting out 245RWHP and 285RWTQ

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
I have the E-303 cam and Crane's 1.7s in my car. Crane made the 1.7s for the 1993 Cobra engine. I have ported and polished "Powerheads", which are stock E7TE heads, but worked over with bigger valves, etc. I used the stock pistons. Clearance is not an issue. Not sure about the GT40 heads, though.

I guess I didn't really answer your question, did I? Post this in the "Ask Levy Racing" forum. You'll get an answer for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am using Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers and the E cam with my 347 with Twisted Wedge heads. I have not installed the engine in the car. I had to install longer push rods to make the rockers work. I have plenty of clearance with the pistons. No estimate on the rwhp.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
yes...you'll have .529 lift where .530 is the max with the stock pistons...of course it wouldn't hurt to clay it...should make 330-340 fwhp...it's kinda my set up but when i went forged pistons i fly cut them in case i wanted to upgrade later...i have the y Al heads...you may need to up the injectors too

·
Charter Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my best guess with the "E" cam is .512 lift if the rockers are 1.7.1 or .516 if the rockers are 1.72.1..........

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,739 Posts
We have the GT40P heads, E cam and Ford 1.7 rockers with a carb.

No problems, its 280 RWHP and 300 RWTQ.

Rick

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Originally posted by Jon Dershimer:
my best guess with the "E" cam is .512 lift if the rockers are 1.7.1 or .516 if the rockers are 1.72.1..........
not correct...no offense...(.498/1.6)*1.7 = .529

·
Charter Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offence taken at all!!! i've been insulted before! i really appreciate you catching thatm good call!!! whay would u possibly be concerned with helping someone possibly make a big error. Thank you

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
LOL...it supposed to be
"I've been insulted before...but by better people" :D ...i'm no expert by any means, i learned the most by screwing up or by askin'...i've asked this very same question in my past ;)
the helpin part ...well that's what we do here, it's kinda refreshing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts