Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing my E-Brake the bolts are rubbing on the side of the tunnel which gives me concern when installing insulation and carpet. I reversed the bolts from the picture in the assembly guide but they are still very close (you can see where it made contact). I can cut the tunnel for better clearance but was wondering if others encountered the same thing and what was the solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
can't remember exactly how I did it, but try playing with the mounts and see if you can "swing" the tip of the ebrake handle outwards as much as possible before retightening them. I think i flipped the front mount upside or something like that to gain clearance.

·
Registered
925 Posts
if you zoom in, you might be able to see what I did with the front bracket. I think I flipped it over to get more room.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chewy, I did the same, it looks like yours scrapes the tunnel just like mine is. I was hoping for a little more clearance. I slipped the boot on and it looks like there is plenty of space to make the opening bigger. I'm thinking of doing that but haven't committed yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts