Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an electronic brake system on a roadster with a Coyote? Work well? PIA to install? Any pictures?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I've seen some builds use this setup: https://www.estopp.com/. Don't think the Coyote has any bearing on it. Fits in the transmission tunnel. Could be a little tight depending on which transmission you pick. But TKO, the most common choice, should work. The main question that comes up with this discussion is whether it will pass whatever safety inspection you have in your state. OE's are installing electric e-brakes in DD's quite routinely now. So not uncommon at all. But for a handbuilt car, you may want to check.

·
Curious George
475 Posts
like Paul said, E-Stopp is probably the most well known model for these cars.... I'm still contemplating it.

One benefit is that when you're strapped in with the harness, you may not be able to reach the manual brake lever - pushing a button makes it easier to locate on the dash or the trans tunnel closer to your seating area...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmmm..$500. A little pricey. I can reach my manual parking brake even when strapped in.

·
Not a waxer
11,879 Posts
I have a paint customer who used the e-stop. It works great as far as energizing the parking brake however there is a controller with logic that is tied to the ignition---if it happens to fail it can prevent the car from starting and being able to drive out of the trailer when being dropped off at the painter's. Just FYI...

Jeff

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,282 Posts
My old MkII w/ whatever park brake handle FFR was recommending/supplying in 2004 now has great park brakes. After all the years the fix was using the OEM rear calipers that came w/ my salvage yard 2015 IRS pallet.

·
Junior Charter Member
345 Posts
I looked into this but due to Local regulations it wouldn't pass inspection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts