Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Charter Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This location worked out so well I thought I'd share it with everyone. It's very easy to reach, it's out of the way of the passenger elbow, and it works great. Locar handle and mechanicals, didn't use their cables. I can now do e-brake (moonshine) turns. TKO 600 shift lever moved forward, very comfortable.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
Makes a hell of a lot more sense than putting it on the other side where it can't be reached when you have your harness on....I chose a different spot too.

Raymond

·
Charter Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm so pleased with the way it turned out I posted it just so it could be copied. Jc

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Jerry, what transmission are you using? I wish I would have thought of that before I mounted e brake.

·
Senior Charter Member
142 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Jerry. It looks great! Did you have to shortened the original cables or did you use different ones?

Thanks for the idea. I'm glad I haven't mounted mine yet.

Cobra Tom

·
Charter Member
190 Posts
Jerry,
that looks to sensible. What cables did you use and was there any interference with the trans or driveshaft? Access looks wonderful.
Thanks, Ken

·
1,569 Posts
A little of the subject but how much vertical distance is there between the dash and the tunnel?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Any pictures with the tunnel cover off?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Nice idea, it sure does make more sense.

Dan

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Jerry,

Where did you get that e-brake handle ? That doesn't look OEM to me -- but it looks damned sharp.

More chrome ! :D

-SB

·
Charter Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll post pic's tonight with the cover off. It's scary how simple it turned out to be. I used a Locar handle and had to purchase the entire cable set up to get the bits that go from the brake handle to the cables. You really could recreate the clams for a lot less $$$. I used the FFR supplied cables.
All of the clearances are fine, dash board, gearshift etc. I also thought about recessing it but that would have required cutting and welding, then the cable would have interfered with the TKO600. This was almost a bolt in. Pictures tonight.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Hmmm. I'm not familiar with the "locar" name. Any hints on where I'd find it ? Is it a vintage part that one of the dealers who supports us sells ?

- Brian

·
1,648 Posts
Hey RG3

The shifter location is great , along with
the parking brake.. Did you use a TKO trans ?
I know it will bring the shifter position about 8"forward

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Lokar makes tons of hotrod parts - usually chrome and great quality. They are located in Knoxville, TN and have their own website in addition to being carried by Summit and several other of the regular hotrod shops. Great stuff, quality made and nice tech support.

·
2,203 Posts
Finish-line carrys the handle Jerry used. You can see it here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jerry,

Damn! I wish I would have seen your before I did mine! Nice job. Your dash covering...what is it?, doesn't look like the pillowy stuff in the kit

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts