Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone who did this over a year ago. Instead of mounting the donor handle on the passenger floor or on top of the tunnel, they mounted it on the passenger side of the tunnel. I think it was bolted to the backbone tubing somehow. I could sure use some pics or any more info. Thanks.

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
That would be me!

Here are a few pics but there are plenty more on my build site:

If you need help on how I did it, PM me and I will be glad to give you tips.

HTH,

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
I followed Smackdown and LuisO's lead and did a very similar setup. It takes some extra time and work, but after driving the car around even a little now, I'm very glad I did it. We all used the Lokar handle. It can be done with the donor handle but it's a lot more work. If you're thinking about this mod, I would spend the extra money for the Lokar parts.
Raul

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
Ditto, I followed the same instructions, and it has worked out well. I didn't do any welding, and the handle is easily accessed. I also used the Lokar handle and universal cables.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,224 Posts
Me too, I used Smackdown's website and it was easy. If I showed pictures of mine, they would look identical to Smackdown's. Now I am looking for the source for the chrome ring for the e-brake. Smackdown?

Mike

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Originally posted by Mike D:
Me too, I used Smackdown's website and it was easy. If I showed pictures of mine, they would look identical to Smackdown's. Now I am looking for the source for the chrome ring for the e-brake. Smackdown?

Mike
Mike Everson made me one as a beta piece and now I believe he is making for anyone who wants one.

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,794 Posts
Same here...

Lokar + Smackdown + Everson = Done Deal

...and it looks sweet too.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
At a car show this weekend I saw a Hot Rod that had a Lokar handle transverse maounted in front of the driver's seat. Looked like a pretty cool option. I couldn't find the owner though to ask him any question about the install and how the cables were run.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually thats not what I was looking for. The person that did this mounted it on the tranny tunnel on the outside, so the lever was on the side, not the top of the tunnel. Your location is a little more handy, but the one I am after looks exactly like the originals. Thanks anyways.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,022 Posts
Smack,

I like it a lot! I've also got the "wrong length" '93 cables, so I'm 1/2 way there.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Looks great!!!! may I also have the tips?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts