Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I finally set up my E-Brake last night and after some persuading to get the lever to fit without binding I noticed that the Passenger Side wheel is not locked up. The Driver Side locks really nice, but the Pass side I can move, feels like the brake pads are only lightly gripping.

Have I overlooked something on the install?

I have 94 Disc Rears, new cables and the donor lever, which I clocked back to take up slack ing the coil.

Ivan

·
Senior Charter Member
1,845 Posts
Ivan, if the cables are both pulling equally I would think you have a problem or miss adjustment with the internal mechanism in the caliper. Is the rest of the brake system complete? If so actuating the brakes afew times may tighten things up so it will work correctly. HTH Dave

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Ivan,
Try moving the lever on the caliper to make sure it's not binding. I had that prob at first because of the powder coating. Also take a look at the equalizer bar. Both sides should be pulling equally. I'm assuming your brake system is filled and bled. Sometimes it just takes a few pulls to get everything seated.

c

·
Premium Member
16,562 Posts
Have you bled the system yet? The parking brake adjuster in the caliper can sometimes not engage properly until the brakes are bled and you cycle the parking brake a couple of times while holding pressure on the foot pedal.

Cheers, Rod

[ March 01, 2007, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: dv/dt ]

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The brakes were bled a few weeks ago. I ran quite a bit of fluid through them, I think...

I was able to move the caliper freely with a wrench to get the cable on.

I do notice that the T-Bar is not pulling both sides the same amount. What could be holding it up?

Should I try and cycle the brakes again?

As always, thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Ivan

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it out!

I had both cables routed through a tube on the 4inch cross member. Apparently one was cinching down on the other.

I separated them by giving each it's own tube and that seems to have solved it.

T on E-Brake pulls evenly now and both wheels lock.

Thanks for the help.

Ivan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.