Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have more questions than anyone prior. I searches the forum but have not found anything on this. According to the manual the ebrake handle mounts with 3 screws. I get the 2 in front to work fine but the holes for the third in back are way off. Any ideas? Thanks!
Vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive window part

Auto part Machine Automotive window part Machine tool

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
604 Posts
Im not sure if I have the same issue. Mine the 3rd bolt was a strech also, I think the assembly was bent. I was able to put the 3rd one in fisrt, loose, then with a push get the others started, then the bolts will suck it down no problem. I don't think I had an inch though.

Looks like your on your own on this one?

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Bob,
I've been comparing your pictures to every pic I can find, including the one in the build manual. I could be wrong but, It looks like the forward tab (with the two mounting holes) is welded at the wrong angle. (I can't see any difference in the e-brake)

If this is indeed the case. The aft mount is very likely in the correct position, I would use it and the tunnel panel to find the correct new mounting location of the forward mount.

HTHs

· Premium Member
812 Posts
Bob,
I've been comparing your pictures to every pic I can find, including the one in the build manual. I could be wrong but, It looks like the forward tab (with the two mounting holes) is welded at the wrong angle. (I can't see any difference in the e-brake)

If this is indeed the case. The aft mount is very likely in the correct position, I would use it and the tunnel panel to find the correct new mounting location of the forward mount.

HTHs
I have to agree.
What was the donor?
I need to replace mine as it looks like it has been drug behind a truck and I don’t want to have the issues that you are experiencing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.