Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the FFR E-brake handle and cables with the IRS. What is the best way to handle the cables as they pass under the 4" round cross member and the problem of the T-connector interferance with the E-brake mount at the chassis?

·
Building Something
367 Posts
Hey RLC, Do a search for e-brakes with different wording and you may find what you need to help. I'm kind of new to all of this and it has been a great help to Me, sometimes you find the answers really quick and with pictures also.
Best of luck with the build.
Mike

·
Charter Member
584 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to run the cables under the 4 inch tubes. So I made this lever system.
I made the loops out of some 1/8" bar stock. I had to heat it to cherry red to get the tight bend. I saw a post a few months ago where someone machined a set.

The bar does turn on a bushing. Its on a 1/4" AN4-6 bolt. Not real sure of the length. A dash 6 is 3/4 inch long. It may be a dash 7 (7/8") or a 10 (1"). The bolt has a drilled shank so I used a fiber lock castle nut MS17825-4 and a cotter pin to safety it.

I also trimmed about a 1/4" or so off each end of the "T" so it would clear the 4 inch tube and the two cables would be parallel.

The drivetrain is completely installed (T5 trans)and everything has plenty of clearance.

I haven't tried stopping the car with it because its tough to grab the handle when I'm strapped in. It holds good when parked.

HTH

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts