·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
7,718 Posts
Try contacting Bruce at:

Modern Driveline

He is a T-5 expert and has great prices. I have no connection with this company other than being a very satisfied customer.

Bruce spent a great deal of time with me, discussing my FFR needs and has s few neat toys himself.

Ray

·
Senior Charter Member
490 Posts
I would make sure it is for a V-8. Alot of guys have gotten burned with a 4 cyl tranny. Talk to the guy over the phone--that has always helped me with a decision on Ebay. Good luck.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
email him, see if he responds. ask for his phone number and talk to him on the phone. ask for Serial Numbers. ask if you can send someone out to inspect it. If yes to all those, your chances of getting burned are far, far less. it also looks like it is at a shop, get their name and post it, maybe someone has had experience with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
nbcobra, I have bought and sold quite a bit on eBay. IMHO, your risk increases a lot without feedback on the seller. The seller could be AOK, but the buyer of this item will be testing the waters. The listing states that the shipping is free, but you must make arrangements to have the tranny picked up in Texas. Some sellers sell great stuff, but don't have a clue as to how to pack and ship an item. An item like a transmission can suffer a lot of damage if it is not properly protected. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts