Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Chris,

How about a simple hinged access panel for the driver's side front splash panel so I can access my power brake master cylinder for filling? A lot of guys have done power brakes but accessing the M/C filler bottle is almost impossible and requires a turkey baster through the side vent opening. This method is dangerous because you could risk getting brake fluid on the paint.

The current alternative is to buy a Quest/Villager remote filler and a'93 Cobra M/C - both of which are hard to find and a lot more expensive than a simple hinged panel.

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

·
1,182 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. What size opening in th panel. I would suggest a flat panel with push clips holding it on. That way if you need to use it your not fighting the panel swinging on its hinge it will be completly out of the way.

Chris

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Chris,

Have read several recent threads about hood hinges and struts. Concerns on the gas struts causing problems with the hood. Not sure about the demand for it, but a nice complete kit for a prop rod - clips to hold it in up and down positions. Could get fancy and combine it with a remote release from inside the cockpit.

Just a thought. Can't wait to get started, several of your products are on my build spreadsheet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.