Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm ready to drop my motor in. But I wanted to get the trans set up first.

Used http://chris.kellnet.com/chambers/speedo_gears.htm to find out what drive gear I have (yellow, 7 tooth) and driven gear I need (3.55's w/ 25.7" diameter tire, need pink 19 tooth)..now the question..

Where does the driven gear reside? FWIW, I bought the trans w/o cable (it's on order) so I don't have all the parts yet to play with. Also does the trans come with the hold-down (hold in?) clamp? I can see where it mounts but don't have one.

Now the rest of my dumb trans questions:

1. Is the reverse switch a normally open or normally closed type - in other words, can I run a 12V power line through the switch, or should I run a ground through it (need a reverse light for CA)?

2. Are there any other sensors or wires on the trans that need to be connected to the main computer or engine harness (I'm using the FMS engine, sensor, and computer harnesses, and a Painless harness for the rest of the car)?

Thanks!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aaron - is this required in addition to the speedo cable?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
633 Posts
I ordered a speedometer cable assembly from Mark Reynolds at Breeze Automotive and it is complete with clamp and bolt, ready to plug into the TKO tranny I am using, less the driven gear which I already have, which clips onto the end of the cable assembly. The reverse switch on the TKO is normally open, I assume the T-5 is the same.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
I got a speedo cable for an '85 F150 from Autozone (CA-3015) , comes with clip under $30.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys - I am ordering the Breeze cable, looks like I just need to order the 19-tooth driven gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts