Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too lazy to disconnect a big monitor from upstairs and carry it down to a cable box, so here's the question:

Could I just use a PC monitor connected to a cable box with an HDMI as a tv set?

·
Premium Member
10,608 Posts
Sure, but you'll need speakers since your monitor doesn't likely have them...or if it does, are they supported through HDMI or do you still need to connect them to a source? Does your cable box have a separate audio out from HDMI? Does it work if HDMI is connected? Does your monitor have an audio out that is perhaps supported by the HDMI?

Bottom line, TVs are cheap(er) and easy(er)...

·
Premium Member
10,608 Posts
65" for $154.00 if you can locate one in stock near you. There's one near me :D...might go buy it just for the hell of it! :lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
65" for $154.00 if you can locate one in stock near you. There's one near me :D...might go buy it just for the hell of it! :lol:
Andrew-

That's a heck of a deal on that TV. I don't need one, but am tempted just because of the size upgrade at a price that's hard to resist!!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Regards,

Steve

·
Premium Member
10,608 Posts
That's a heck of a deal on that TV. I don't need one, but am tempted just because of the size upgrade at a price that's hard to resist!!
Exactly!!! I snoozed and losed...;) None in stock near me any longer. Well, it's not like I needed it anyway.

You can find stupid prices like that, or good deals in general, on almost anything on Slickdeals.net...which is where I found that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts