Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Chris. All that "bump" does is stop the bearing from spinning on the transmission frt bearing retainer.I would think the bump would point towards the long side of the fork(towards where the cable attaches).And if you where looking at the fork perctly straight in frt of you, the "bump" would be positioned at 8:00. The bearing in this pic does not have the bump, but it would be point towards you.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Glad to be able to help. I'm sure you would have figured it once you tried to install it. Pretty much can only go in one way.
Taking the car to the body shop this coming Friday.Just spent the last three days finishing inside the trunk lid(7 hours for something nobody see's),rolled the fender flairs( another mod I highly reccomend) and fabbed the mounts for my front FFR air dam. Once it goes to the shop, we'll bake it in their oven( open up any air pockets,etc), and give it a couple coats of Featherfill. Then I'll block it out a couple more times, and it should be good to go. Going with BRG(Jag color),no stripes. I'll post pictures I take while at the body shop.
Keep up the good work with yours. It's looking good. The first start is exciting! You'll be there soon.
Baron

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
No stripes. Non-metallic. I have seven samples of BRG sprayed out on 8x10 sheets. All British Racing Green,and all different! For me ,it has been the hardest part of the build ( choosing the color). And every time I see a new graduate or newly painted Cobra here, I second guess my self.
On my coffee table I have a book( Automobile Quarterly, 1967,Vol VI,number 1) that my father subscribed too. In it is a comparison test between two of the Worlds Fastest Production cars(18 years apart). In 1949 it was the Jaguar XK-120 and in 1967, the 427 Cobra. The test was out at Bridgehampton,LI,NY. 0-60 in 3.8 sec/top speed 156.6 mph. The Cobra they tested was BRG, and for the last 39 years, I have never forgot that image. At sixteen I fell in love with that Cobra , and now I will finally have it. Not a real one , but one that is certainly real enough for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts